Chelsea will reportedly battle Manchester United to signal Lyon striker Moussa Dembele in January if their switch ban is overturned.
The Blues had been hit with a two-window ban in February after breaching guidelines referring to the signing of minors.
After an unsuccessful try and overturn the ban at FIFA’s appeals committee in April, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) will rule on the issue on November 20.
If CAS overturn the ban, Chelsea will be capable to do enterprise in January.
The 23-year-old has scored 23 Ligue 1 objectives in 44 appearances since becoming a member of Lyon in a £19.7million deal in August 2018.
Dembele is believed to be valued at round £71million by Lyon.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Try all of the reside commentaries arising throughout the talkSPORT community this week
- Borussia Dortmund vs Inter (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Vitoria Guimaraes vs Arsenal (Wednesday, 3:50pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crimson Star Belgrade vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Atalanta vs Manchester Metropolis (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Lazio vs Celtic (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Nottingham Forest vs Derby (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Everton (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leicester vs Arsenal (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Bristol Metropolis (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
United did not signal a alternative for Romelu Lukaku, who joined Inter Milan for £72million in August, whereas Chelsea might permit out-of-favour striker Olivier Giroud to depart in January.
Tammy Abraham and Michy Batshuayi are forward of the France star within the pecking order at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea’s incapacity to signal gamers in the summertime switch window has seen their academy graduates flourish this season.
Abraham, Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori have turn into first-team regulars underneath Frank Lampard.
On Monday, the Chelsea supervisor appeared relaxed when requested about the opportunity of the membership’s switch ban being overturned.
Lampard mentioned: “I’ll be very in fact however I’ve no remark as such now.
“I really don’t know sufficient element. It’s a authorized matter and I don’t know sufficient of the legals to even delve.
Casillas returns to Porto coaching after struggling coronary heart assault six months in the past
“However in fact I’m as a result of it’s going to have an effect on what we are able to do in January or not.
“However it’s a little bit down my listing to be truthful as a result of the matter in hand is Ajax tomorrow and the matter in hand then can be Crystal Palace [on Saturday].
“I’m not going too far forward with what occurs. We’ll see and at that time we’ll see the way it impacts us.”